Monday, 18 March 2013

What is in my Make-up Bag this week?



 Many of you will be able to relate to me when I say my make up bag needs a bit of rejuvenating, my products aren't working as well as they used to & everything needs a bit of mixing up . . . . . . .  this is where I have found myself over the last couple of weeks. My make-up was feeling tired & warn, I knew I needed to change something up. So I'm going to go through a few products that I have recently bought (being a cosmetic junkie, I am constantly trying new products!)

.
So first on my list if my Mac SPF 15 foundation, this product has recently crept it's way back into my make-up bag. As I have always been blessed with blemish free skin, I found I only needed to apply foundation when I was going out in the evening. However, recently I have been looking for a more dewy look, so I have replaced my beloved Maxfactor fix powder for a light weight foundation to give an all over coverage. Applied with a small Mac 130 brush in round circles I love the look it gives to my skin, followed by a dusting of powder.


Second on my list is the Maxfactor Falsies mascara, being a complete mascara addict I am always reluctant to try new mascaras when I find one I love. However having heard rave reviews and being a lot cheaper than my normal mascara I had to try it . . . .  and it did not let me down. I love the slightly curved brush, perfect for adding curl to lashes, it does take a few more strokes then I am used to to build up the lashes, however after that it looks amazing! I have started to apply a second coat after the first is slightly tacky as I find this works best! I would definitely recommend this product to you!










Next is my make-up bag in this lipstick by Rimmel in 006, Pink Blush, I love wearing lipstick in the day but find bright colours to much for everyday wear as I like to keep my makeup quite simple. This colour is a perfect pink and adds a natural look to lips without being to noticeable. I love the texture and consistency of Rimmel lipsticks and I really do find they last forever. This colour is very similar to the MAC Lady Gaga limited edition lipstick that was released a couple of years ago, which I had always loved.










Lastly you can see from the top picture the Maxfactor cream blush and Maybeline brown gel eyeliner. I love this gel eyeliner as its easy to apply using a small slanted brush (mines a benefit one), I find brown a liner is much more complimentary for my face shape and blue eye colour,  but the black is also just a nice. The cream blush is also a lovely colour and adds the dewy look I was after, it is easy to apply with a round foundation brush applied to the apple of the cheeks after applying bronzer.

If your make-up is feeling run down or tired, its probably time for a change! So try something new . . . 








No comments:

Post a Comment